Sunday, December 6, 2009

Updated: Things to Throw at a City

1) Indiana -Watercolor Paintings
2) Skinny Love -Bon Iver
3) Chelsea Hotel No. 2 -Leonard Cohen
4) No Cars Go -Arcade Fire
5) In the Aeroplane Over the Sea -Neutral Milk Hotel
6) Needle in the Hay -Elliot Smith
7) Cecilia -Simon and Garfunkel
8) Sense, Sensibility -Andrew Jackson Jihad
9) Such Great Heights -Iron and Wine
10) The Only Living Boy in New York -Simon and Garfunkel

So this is the playlist I came up with for the magazine. Let me know what you think. Which song is your favorite? What is it about the song that you enjoy most? Do you prefer the lyrics or do enjoy the instrumentation? Would you dedicate a song on here to anyone? Would it change how you see them? THOUGHTS! I NEED EM GUYS!

an example for what I'm looking for:
My favorite song is Indiana by Watercolor Paintings. The song makes you confront the pain of having someone you love far away from you. Rebeca's voice is so frail to me. It's a sound that can't be reproduced by anyone else in this world and it makes me feel fortunate enough to even know it. I personally adore the lyrics for this song. It's simple without anything really clever, but not blunt. In other words, it's relate-able. I'd probably dedicate Sense, Sensibility to Leah, I've been reflecting on my friendship with her a lot lately and since she's a fellow AJJ fan, consider it from one fan, to another. It did when one night a bunch of friends were going to Checkers and we put on the AJJ cd I made for her and we were the only ones paying attention to it and we were singing along to practically every song and it was just nice to sing these weird songs with a friend, I'm very grateful for my friendship with her, we met in elementary school, stopped talking in 6th grade, started talking again for a bit in 8th lost touch again, then we started talking and hanging out last year. We've changed quite a bit as people, but as friends, nothing has changed at all, and I wouldn't change that for the world.



"And I hope our candles flicker and die so that our hearts don't burn to the ground, down, down, just like Randy's house. "
Artist: Andrew Jackson Jihad
Song: Randy's House

2 comments:

  1. I need to listen to more music... I'm still listening to Indiana. Part of the fun of this is finding the songs. And then, I would also have to listen to them in order, because a playlist is also about the relationships between songs. I think. How they fit together like.
    And silly, thoughts are in your head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Do me a solid