Thursday, December 3, 2009

Let The Right One In...

WHAT THE HELL?! This week has been vampire central for me, it's a pinch odd. Jack was being bothered by girls about twilight so I posted a picture of a band him and I like called Dr Acula. The girls probably didn't look, nor did they care. Soon later, Jack posted one of their songs on my wall and soon later a former STACie, Scott Reisher, posted a video by the band called "Is This a Party, or is This a Dick Measuring Contest". Weird name, I know. Now I listened to the song and 35 seconds in, something is said that relates COMPLETELY to Let The Right One In. I won't say what it is, I want you all to go and listen for yourselves and make the connection http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xALbylyJxHY

Funny, right? So the movie, really something else. We talked alot about sound, which is up my alley. I posted a comment on Jill's awesome post talking about how even if you're completly quiet, there is still noise, and it's beyond your control or anyone's for that matter. White noise. It's everywhere. I also shared how I believe silence is just a concept. Nothing in this world is silent. It's impossible. Also, the way the characters dressed really hinted as to what they were like, way before you were formally introduced to them. Take Oskar for example, his clothes seem really out dated compared to Conny's clothes and everyone else, he just doesn't fit in. Eli had basic girl outfits through out the whole movie, but when you find out she's a vampire and 200 something years old, you realize that while it seems normal to us, it's a costume to her, it's something to mask who and what she truely is, a boy and vampire. I also related where the father lived to his life. He lives in an isolated location, you don't see many houses around where he is, he's pretty alone. Much like Eli, it's like Oskar's dad is trying to hide. When you see him pull out the drink, you see the instant change of the enviornment. It's uncomfortable and it's creepy and all these feelings arised in me. This movie made me so uneasy, I loved it. I can relate to this movie in ways I'd rather not share, it's a serious matter, and no, I'm not a vampire or a 200 year old kid, but this movie affected me.

1 comment:

  1. the one time i was in scott's car, he was playing dr acula. a little scary.

    ReplyDelete

Do me a solid