Sunday, January 3, 2010

This Break...

I haven't quite been myself this break. I've realized things that need to change in my life, and things that need to begin in my life. How these things will change and begin depend solely on myself and my willingness to change/help myself. I can't openly speak of my problems, which is a first, and it's not because I don't trust you guys, but this is something that needs to be figured out on my own. Forgive me if I seem a bit off, this may take some time.

I heard a song not too long into my epiphany that caused me to sit down and let out a bit of tears and relax. I get this whole visual when I hear this song, it's powerful to me. I imagine I'm in a car sitting behind the drivers seat going through the city, but it's empty. There isn't even a person behind the wheel. I'm moving at a normal speed looking out the window to an empty city with snow falling. The lights for stores aren't on. There's just a blanket of snow. No footprints or any imperfections in the snow that I can notice. It's peaceful.

I think I really want the city all to myself. I think I'm really selfish. I think I need more rest. I don't know what I need.

Lately I've been wandering around
Looking for my up and down
Oh, lately I've been all over town
What is lost and never found

I want to find tonight
I will be alright

Lately I've been wandering around
Looking for my up and down
I want to find tonight
I will be alright
I will be just fine

And I know that better days will come
And I know that better days will come
And I know that better days will come

Song: Duermete Artist: As Tall As Lions

1 comment:

  1. I read this post two different times. Once the day you posted it and right now. You write thoughtful posts and you make me rethink my life, and what I really need to change.

    thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

Do me a solid