Friday, November 27, 2009

Friday

So here I am on this lazy Friday, sitting around and making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for myself alone. Since I'm alone and listening to the brother-sister duo, Watercolor Paintings, I've been thinking about my future, like what I'll be like, what I want to be like, where I want to be, and where I don't want to be. Often, I've thought that I've given this kind of thought the time of day, but only until now, I've given it my full attention and respect. It used to scare me to think about growing up and stuff, but now, I'm beginning to accept it and can't wait to be able to be on my own and paint, draw, play music, take pictures, write, and go walking at night.

I think I mainly don't want to ever be sad again. These are things that make me happy. I just think I have to do them all the time to have fun. But I don't.

And I've fallen victim to a cliche. I want to live in the city. SoHo. It fits the lifestyle I want and it seems perfect for me, at the moment. I constantly change and it's almost impossible for me to keep up with myself. I want to live in some crappy apartment with my girlfriend and walk around with her, take her to new places, and visit home (where ever that'll be) and be able to balance both of these worlds.

On top of all that, I thought I was done writing, but when I looked at the writing courses in college, I suddenly got excited about writing again. It's amazing. I've gone from writing poetry to writing these blogs and little stories. I really like my writing in these blogs, they border fiction and non-fiction in a way, and its another thing that puts a smile on my face. But that's how my brain is thinking right now, and I don't mind it, not one bit.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous of your calm about the future.
    I had the exact same experience about theatre courses that you did about writing. It's an amazing feeling. I say, find a school where you can study everything. I'm sure they're out there.

    ReplyDelete

Do me a solid