Monday, November 23, 2009

3 Over Due Blogs...IN ONE!

So last monday, in Steve's workshop, we read some scripts that people wrote and one of them was mine. I didn't leave my script until the last minute, in fact, I started working on it the friday before the workshop. I started writing it and to be honest, I wasn't really sure what I was writing about. Characters have no names, they're laying down, and then at a playground, and it's "witty" to quote someone from the workshop, Cassie or Leah, I believe. I was given some feedback regarding my script about changing the order of events and it would be good, so I'm doing that now. We also read Cassie's script and I noticed it was very, what I can only define as, Comedic-Action, or even, a Cassie script. Cassie writes these awesome things that when you hear them coming from her mouth you think, "What the hell are you talking about? People running and then kissing?" But when you read her stuff, it's astounding. It balances out with humor, action, and some sort of variation of love. It's these things that make you want to read more and more. We also read Matt's script. Matt takes after Cassie with writing, he's amazing. He too has a certain way of writing thats very real and you wouldn't know that it was a movie. Matt's style of writing is very different from anything I've ever read, and I love that.

On Friday in the workshop we finished up the scripts. We read Elisa's script, which I absolutley adore. She kept saying that it "sucked" and I, being a writer as well, completely understand why she felt that. I always think my work sucks and I'm nervous to show it to people. Writing is a very, very vulnerable thing to do. You put down your interpretations of life and things you've seen through out your life and you put it into a poem or a script or even an essay. It's great. Elisa's script was amazing and really dragged you into what was going on. I don't want to say anything thats in the script because I'm not the writer, nor do I want to spoil it for anyone. After Elisa's, we read Molly's script. It's Molly so it's awesome and funny and really profound. Molly's writing is beyond her years. Her script had to do with religion, so I was sucked in right away. I'm extremely interested in different religions and how they all intertwine with one another, even the ones that oppose one another, sorry if I offended anyone by saying that, but I'm legitimately interested as the son of a religion teacher. But I back to Steve. Steve ALWAYS has something to say about what we write and its reassuring and it's helping me develop as a writer.

What I did last week:

Last week I was working on The Dinning Room. AWESOME PLAY. First play that I enjoyed working on ever. I also started playing bass alone and really analyzing how I play and what I play. It's very interesting to me to finally hear myself. I've been going back and forth with using a pick and my fingers. I don't like using picks at all as a bassist, but sometimes, you need to, like when I play with Jack, I need a pick and I need my 5-string. I think wed there should be a Thanksgiving Jam, anyone interested? Provided we aren't watching something, I think this would be good for the new STACies who play instruments to get to better know the veteran musicians and vice versa.

"Lets boogie, but first I have to clean my room" -Aristotle

1 comment:

  1. "Writing is a very, very vulnerable thing to do."

    Excellent quote. Love the Aristotle one as well.

    L

    ReplyDelete

Do me a solid