Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Upcoming Seasons...

I can't wait for the upcoming seasons, they influence my work heavily. They're so important to me that thinking about them makes me sad knowing they'll be gone eventually, but again, only to come again. Weird, I know. Nature is another big role in my work, I'm heavily influenced by Fall and Winter. Summer, for me, is my time to hibernate from art, and when Fall and Winter come around, I'm ready and I do my best to re-invent myself, mainly just maturing in my work.
I don't know where it all started, maybe last year, in English. I'm an English nerd, I openly admit it. But my class last year was just so great. I had a relaxed environment, great teacher, great music, and I was finding myself, (for the first time), it was great.
My class had a giant window letting you see into the other courtyard that no one uses except my teacher's class and the out door ed classes. You could see everything. Like the world was just strewn out in this great place, and instead of only seeing it, you could be in it. We watched a nest over a course of some time, maybe a month, and when we found the hatched eggs, it was something special. We even had a bird come in our class, and through many failed attempts, we finally got it out and just laughed.

I miss that class.

I've got so much on my mind. I keep thinking about the city and how I can make it fun for the newbies that hang with me for the day, but nothing crazy is popping into my head yet, sorry.

New Jersey is the worst place in the world.
New Jersey is the worst place in the world.
New Jersey sucks.
Go back to Seattle and rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4h7MqeZRU8 This is one of my favorite songs, and this video made by film students (I assume) is just right for this song. If you listen to it, send me your favorite line in a comment, this song is too perfect, you're guaranteed to love it.

"I'll be the phonograph that plays your favorite
Albums back as you're lying there drifting off to sleep...
" -Brand New Colony by The Postal Service

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do me a solid