Monday, September 28, 2009

Comm Center

Friday, when we went to the community center and partnered up and did the blindfold exercise (running across the stage) it was weird. At first, of course, I was nervous and I didn't trust anyone holding my arm and hand running me across the stage, but after a while I realized that I each time I ran across the stage, I hadn't hit into anyone once, or fall down, so I started to pick up the pace. I also became more comfortable with the people running me across the stage the first round because it was the older STACies, with whom I have a history with and solid relationship with. And even after them, I trusted who ever guided me across the stage, because I trust all of your intentions, sink or swim.

Then, Michelle and I partnered up, and I started off the exercise by giving her the tour first. I thought it was funny at first, but after a while, there were less and less things for her to touch around the building, and it became a matter of me trying to make the most of it...I put Michelle's hand in dirty water. She wiped the water on me, quite a back fire.

When Michelle took me around, she made it more fun then I did. She brought me outside to a playground where kids couldn't have been too far, and talked me through going down a slide. I had no idea what I was going to do on the playground at first until I finally started going down the slide, probably the coolest thing to happen that day. After that day I feel that Michelle and I developed a weird trust between one another and I'm glad it happened.

Thanks for getting me down a slide blindfolded.

"With all your lies,
You're still very lovable." -Bon Iver

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do me a solid