Monday, February 1, 2010

365...

I'll be showing you the evolution of my bass that I'm building. Before I can show you it, you should see my other basses and where the inspiration for the body came from. I've combined elements from my 4 basses to create the bass I'm building.



The red bass is my newest bass, and most prized bass. A red Spector bass with one passive EMG humbucker. This bass gives me the capability to play a nice warm song and, if I so desire, a bright funk slap and pop groove all with the turn of a knob. This bass pretty much says I can do anything you can throw at me, which ties to my optimistic outlook on things.

The middle, an epiphone knock off precision bass. I didn't really ever care for it to be honest. I just wanted another bass that I could throw flat wound strings on. These past couple of days, this has been my go-to bass when it comes to practicing. I'm trying to see what kind of tone as a bassist I prefer, and I'm leaning more towards to low warm tones of this bass. I suppose I can only define this bass as the beginning of a summer night, before it gets too dark and its still cool out.

The final bass in this picture is my second oldest bass in my possession. A 4 string Ibanez Gio with GHS Boomers on. If your a musician, you'd know that this bass is the brightest sounding of all my instruments. The GHS strings are really in your face and give off a slap sound even with a pluck of a pick or the pluck of my index finger. I only use this bass for fast music to capture the meaning of the given song. This bass has an attitude of it's own and is completely underestimated by me every time I play it.



This bass is my Squire 5-string and has undergone surgery. This bass is the reason I got into building. I did this bass whilst going through my folk phase. This bass has changed, but is still the bass I bought regardless of the look. This bass is sweat in the grain and I've got the arms to prove it. This bass taught me to take my time with things, and to wait for the end, it's always the best part.

It's with great pride that I unveil to you the bass I've been building. The picture doesn't capture the flaws as much as I'd like it to. Despite the way it looks now somewhat, it still has a ways to go before it's even CLOSE to being done.



Tober Bass #0709 From now until it's completion, I'll be putting up pictures everyday after I work on this bass. Enjoy the show.

8 comments:

  1. I think you should start a new blog for this. Let me know when it is up. I like the idea for it a lot.

    What are you doing about.... college????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider it done. College? Either Hofstra or Nassau right now. I'm currently withdrawn from audio and I'm seeing what else interests me. Audio is not out of the question, but I want to explore other things. Hofstra has a good program on becoming a Speech Teacher which interest me quite a bit right now. Again, just looking again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://toberbasses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. try this out q1h94g3l48 replica louis vuitton replica bags from turkey a6u07s8a42 replica bags manila fake gucci r2i82w1q82 replica prada nylon bags their explanation k5d82n9c44 7a replica bags wholesale replica bags by joy

    ReplyDelete

Do me a solid